Best Places to Eat in Pench
Lapsi is a pudding/halwa popular in the states of Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Gujarat. It’s a simple, sweet dish made from broken wheat (Dalia). It is especially cooked during special occasions in the family.
Serves: 3- 4 person
Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking Time -minutes
- Dalia: 1 cup
- Jaggery (gur): 1 cup
- Ghee: 3 tbs or more
- Water: 3-4 cups
- Fresh coconut (grated): ¼ cup
- Dry fruits like almond, raisins and cashew nuts.
How to Make Lapsi or Broken Wheat Pudding . Find the complete instructions
- Take 2 cups of warm water and add jaggery and dissolve it.
- Fry all the dry fruits in ghee and keep aside. You can also chop the dry fruits into smaller pieces.
- Roast dalia on a low flame till it turns golden brown & add grated coconut.
- Slowly add boiled jaggery water mixture in the roasted dalia while stirring continuously.
- Reduce the flame, close the lid of the pan and let it cook for 10-15 minutes. Switch off the gas and leave it covered for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with fried dry fruits (kept aside earlier) and serve warm.
Courtesy : Chef Pankaj Fulera