Our first afternoon at Kanha Earth Lodge was what precious memories are made of. We reached the lodge after a long-winding road trip. The warmth and hospitality of the staff was enough to soothe those tired nerves. As was the lip-smacking, delicious Bhopali thaali (the local fare) lunch.
But, the icing on the cake and that one exclusive item that grabbed our attention and received all the laurels from us; was the Honey Basil Ice Cream.
This rich, creamy ice-cream with the distinct flavours of freshly blended basil, is sure to transport your palate to a blissful haven. What’s more this unique ice-cream prepared with liberal amounts of basil, is healthy too. After all basil as you may know; is packed with the goodness of anti-oxidants and flavonoids that have anti-cancerous, antibacterial and anti-microbial properties, and also help fight depression and promote cardiovascular health.
Honey on the other hand is also a rich source of anti-oxidants and valuable nutrients that help fight infections, improve cholesterol and strengthen the immune system and nourish the body.
Perfect excuse for you to indulge yourself and your loved ones to the uniquely delicious flavours of Honey Basil ice-cream, this summer.
Honey Basil Ice-Cream
|Custard Powder||1 Cup|
|Whipped Cream||2 Cups|
|Corn Starch||4 Teaspoons|
For the garnish:
- Chopped pistachio
1. In a large cooking pan mix milk, sugar and corn starch.
2. Bring the mixture to boil and keep stirring till the mixtures thickens.
3. Thereafter turn off the heat and let the mixture cool completely.
4. Now transfer into a mixing bowl and start whisking.
5. Add the whipped cream and finely chopped basil.
6. Continue to whisk for at least five minutes, till the mixture turns rich and creamy.
7. Transfer the contents into a container and refrigerate all night.
8. Scoop out the rich, creamy basil ice-cream and serve in bowls.
9. Garnish with finely chopped pistachio, basil and a light drizzle of honey.