The main goal of this program is to introduce children to wildlife at an early age. It is important to gain the interest of the children in order for them to learn. Therefore, the program has been designed to be interactive and engaging with various activities while using simple communication tools and storytelling.
The program is not just limited to theory sessions on flora and fauna of Satpura National Park, but also involves the activities like nature trails, cycling trails, jeep safaris and presentations covering the following aspects:
Basics about Mammals, Birds & Reptiles.
Basics of outdoor photography using point & shoot and DSLR cameras.
Using binocular & camera traps.
Outdoor survival skills.
Wildlife around us in the cities.
Myths about wildlife around us.
How can we contribute in the cities.
Costs & details
- This program is open or children between 12 and 16 years.
- This program venue is the scenic Denwa Backwater Escape in Satpura Tiger Reserve.
- Participants from NCR will be led from Delhi airport to the lodge and back. Parents can drop the children to the airport and pick them up from there post the program. Flight details, venue for meeting etc will be shared closer to the date.
- Participants from other cities will have to arrive in Bhopal from where transport has been arranged and will also be dropped back at Bhopal.
- Participants will have to carry suggested reference books for mammals, birds & reptiles, a camera and binocular.
- Parents will have to sign an indemnity bond and children should have a valid medical insurance.
Costs and inclusions - Rs 29000/- per child
- Accommodation on triple basis with same gender sharing
- All meals, soft beverages and taxes
- 2 safaris inclusive of park tickets and guide charges
- Nature walks, indoor and outdoor learning sessions
- Course material
- Transfer by airconditioned car from Bhopal to lodge and back
- Air tickets will be billed on actual or can be booked by the participants
- Initial deposit once paid is non refundable.
- 50% cancellation charges between 31-59 days from the commencement of course.
- 100% cancellation charges within 30 days from the commencement of course.